Date of Establishment of Ties: April 14, 2011
Zavkhan State ｜ Mongolia
Zavkhan state, Mongolia
Head of Administration
- Head of City Government: Governor D.Tuvshinjargal (Assumed office in December 2020)
- Location: As one of the 21 aimags (provinces) of Mongolia, Zavkhan is located in the west of the country, 1,104 km from Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia. The aimag is names after the Zavkhan River, which forms the border between Zavkhan and Gobi Altai aimag.
- Area: 82,455.66㎢
- Population: 73,000 (2020)
- GDP: 326.8billion MNT, 119.4million USD
- Upper tier: Mongolia
- Notable geographical features: Further Zavkhan is one of the favorite place for adventurous travellers as it offers some of the most varied landscapes in Mongolia. Travellers will experience vast desert land, serene salk lakes, and incredible sand dunes all within proximity of each other.
- Industries: Livestock farming, Timber, Minining (Iron, Gold, Copper) Zabkhan’s economy is based largely on livestock, particularly sheep and goat. Zavkhan has an important timber business, based at Tosontsengel. The area is also rich with mineral resources such as iron ore, tin, gold, copper, diamonds, molybdenum ore, and phosphorite.
- Landmarks: Sacred mountain Otgontenger, Ulaagchiin Khar Lake, Bayan Lake, Bust Lake